The 1920s theme is a popular one for weddings. Lavish Great Gatsby parties, sophisticated Downton Abbey affairs or casual vintage prohibition gatherings are all great ways to embrace the roaring twenties. A 1920s bride’s dress can be an old tea length vintage lace gown with elaborate beading, or modern with just a touch of the past.
To complement and contrast with the bride, 1920s bridesmaid dresses can coordinate opposites such as flapper dresses paired with a modern wedding dress, or modern bridesmaid dresses paired with a Great Gatsby wedding dress. Pastels are in style and so are dark hues for an evening event. The choice of pairings is endless.
Mothers of the bride and groom usually prefer modest gowns in chiffon or lace over heavy flapper dress beading. Many of these floor length gowns can work for a formal to semi-formal wedding.
Shop these 1920s Gatsby bridesmaid and mothers dresses and gowns for your perfect day. Act fast, as these dresses sell out quickly. And if you need a specific color for your wedding, look at Dessy bridesmaid dresses.
Learn more about the history of 1920s wedding, bridesmaid and mothers dresses.
Buy 1920s Bridesmaid Dresses
- 1920s Day Dresses, Non-Flapper / Dresses with Sleeves – These dresses are more authentic to the 1920s as well as better choices for a daytime, outdoor, or informal wedding. Many dresses have sleeves and longer hems.
- 1920s Plus Size Dresses – Day and evening 1920s style dresses for the plus size woman.
- 1920s Evening Dresses – For the lavish 1920s evening affair. Long beaded gowns, short flapper dresses, elegant Downton Abbey dresses.
- Petite Dress Brands- For the short gal (that’s me!) these are the brands I recommend.
- More brands. Even more dresses to browser. These brand make 1920s style day and formalwear.
Mother of the Bride Dresses
Mother of the bride or groom dresses for a 1920s themed wedding can be hard to find with longer sleeves and longer hemline. The above links under bridesmaids are a good place to start but you can find even more by searching each brand.
WardrobeShop – The Nataya brand is a good one for mothers and second time brides. Soft, romantic, flattering.
La Vie Delight – Authentic style 1920s dresses in simple colors and fabrics. Message the owner and she can add sleeves, add length or make plus sizes custom for you.
Komarov – Light, semi-sheer dresses with jackets. Some plus sizes. A big pricy but lovely.
Pisarro Nights at Norstrom – beautiful long, beaded dresses.
Alex Evenings on Amazon- Modest dresses with jackets
J Kara -Sequin trim dresses with sheer layers or jackets
Soulmates– Unique souttache braided lace-like gowns. Long lengths, simple 20s shapes, with sheer jackets.
Recollections– Historically inspired 1920s dresses. They tend to look like costumes in photos but could be quite elegant.
Some options are: