From The Great Gatsby to Downton Abbey to Peaky Blinders, 1920s men’s fashion is making a comeback both on- and off-screen. With the right selection of modern clothing, it’s easy to get the vintage 1920s look. We handpicked some of the best vintage inspired 1920s men’s clothing online to get you started. Be sure to read about 1920s Men’s fashion history before you shop with the articles below. If you’re in a pinch, look at these men’s 1920s outfit ideas.
More Men’s Clothing
- Evening Attire
- Pants, Trousers, Plus Fours
- Hats and Caps
- Shoes and Boots
- Sweaters, Sweater Vests
- Coats and Jackets
- Neckties, Bowties
- Accessories – Gloves, watches, canes, spats, armbands
- Men’s Sewing patterns
- Costumes – Gangsters, Gatsby, and More
- For UK/Europe Shoppers – 1920s men’s clothing here
1920s Men’s Fashion History
- 1920s Men’s Suits – Learn about the styles of 1920s men’s suits.
- 1920s men’s separates – pants / knickers, shirts and collars, sweaters and coats.
- Men’s Costume Ideas- How to create seven 1920s men’s fashion looks.
- The history of 1920s men’s neckties is an interesting read.
- Men’s hats styles and men’s hat history is also fascinating.
- 1920s men’s shoes history – snazzy choices for dapper men.
- Accessories – gloves, glasses, canes, watches, and cuff links.
- Men’s Formal Wear – Learn about black tie dress in the 1920s.
- Great Gatsby Style for Men– Learn how to dress like the men in the Great Gatsby movie.
- Dress like Robert Redford in the 1974 Great Gatsby movie.
- Boardwalk Empire Men’s Clothing – Learn about creating your own Boardwalk Empire (TV show) style clothing ensemble.
- 1920s Gangster Style – Learn to dress like a Al Capone or another 1920s gangster.
- 1920s Sports Wear for Men – Easy to put together men’s 1920s sporting clothes.
- Men’s workwear clothing – History of men’s labor and work clothing.
- 1920s Men’s hairstyles guide.
- Men’s underwear and pajamas – just in case you are curious.
- Men’s 1920s Swimsuits history and tutorial.
- 1920s men’s sewing patterns – Vintage men’s sewing patterns.
- Men’s Vintage Clothing Source – Where to shop vintage, reproduction and inspired men’s clothing.
1920 Men’s Outfit Ideas
You can get the vintage twenties look with the right selection of modern clothing. A striped, plaid or linen 3 button suit, white collar dress shirt, necktie, two-tone shoes and a felt or straw hat is all you need for an upper class gentlemen outfit. Tweed pants, vest, a dress shirt, and a newsboy cap is an easy look for working class men such as the Peaky Blinders gangsters. Sporty men wore plus four knickers, sweater vests and argyle socks for a casual outfit.