1940s men’s clothing is classic with its single and double-breasted 1940s men’s suits, wide jacket lapels, and wide-leg trousers. The pinstripe suit in navy or grey was the most iconic of the 1940s and notorious with gangsters. Inner-city youth wore zoot suits. Every man wore a felt Fedora or straw hat and a snazzy pair of two-tone shoes. Read about 1940s men’s fashion history and get outfit ideas: scroll down or jump to all articles.
We searched the web for the best vintage-inspired men’s clothing perfect for creating a classic or casual 1940s men’s outfit.
1940s Men’s Clothing
More Men’s Clothing
- Suits and Zoot Suits
- Pants and Trousers
- Shirts and Sweaters
- Vests and sweater vests
- Coats and Jackets
- Suspenders and Belts
- Swim Trunks
- Vintage Style Underwear
- Costumes – Halloween and Party
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
- Men’s Clothing in the UK
- Men’s sewing patterns– vintage and repro men’s 1940s sewing patterns
- Men’s Vintage Repro and Inspired Clothing Brands – Over 50 websites to buy vintage and reproduction men’s clothing online or only 1940s Men’s Reproduction Clothing.
- Use the MENS menu at the top of the page to find all decades of men’s clothing.
1940s Men’s Fashion History
- 1940s Men’s Fashion – A detailed overview of all areas of men’s fashion in the 1940s.
- 1940s Men’s Suits – Learn about 1940’s men’s suits and clothing. Tips on creating your own look.
- 1940s Men’s Casual Fashion – Sport coats, shirts, and sweater vests.
- 1940s Men’s Formalwear – Dressing in white tie, black tie, summer whites and semi-formal.
- 1940s Men’s Workwear – What men’s wore for labor jobs and some casual clothes
- 1920-1950s Western Wear for Men – Men’s western-style clothing from the 1930s to 1960s.
- 1940s Men’s Shoes – All shoe styles. Additional Saddle Shoes, winter boots, dance shoes
- 1940s Men’s Swimwear – Swim shorts of the 1940s.
- 1940s Pajamas – Men’s sleepwear, robes and slippers.
- 1940s Teenage Boys’ Fashion – Boys’ and young men’s styles.
- 1940s Hats – Learn about 1940s men’s hat styles.
- 1940s Men’s underwear – Boxers, briefs, long johns, socks, and undershirts.
- 1940s Men’s Accessories – Belt, suspenders, cufflinks, watches, cane, pocket square, gloves, and scarves.
- 1940s Men’s Sunglasses and Eyeglasses
- 1940s Men’s hairstyles and facial hair – Common styles, trends, and grooming products.
- 1940s Wedding/ Groom Clothing – 1940s wedding attire for grooms.
- 1940s Black Fashion, African American Clothing Photos | Gallery
- Men’s Vintage Gym Clothes | Sweatshirts, Shorts, Tops, Shoes Styles
- 1940s Men’s bags – Bookbags, briefcases, gym and travel bags
- 1940s Men’s Underwear – Boxers, briefs, long johns, socks, undershirts
1940s Men’s Outfits
- 1940s Men’s Fashion and Costume Ideas – How to create classic 1940s looks for men, from business to casual styles.
- Casual Vintage Men’s Fashion – Ideas for casual menswear from the 1920s to 1960s.
- 1940s Men’s Outfit Inspiration | Costume Ideas
- Building a Men’s Vintage Casual / Workwear Wardrobe
- Swing Dance Clothing for Men – A Guide to choosing 1940s swing dancing clothes that will keep you cool and comfortable.
- 1940s Men’s Costumes: WW2, Sailor, Zoot Suits, Gangsters, Detective
- Men’s Vintage Boating Outfits, Sailing Clothes
- Accurate 1940s and WWII Classic Car Show Outfits
- 1940s Zoot Suit History & Buy Modern Zoot Suits
- Film Noir Costume Ideas