1940s men’s clothing is classic with its single and double-breasted 1940s men’s suits, wide jacket lapels, and wide-leg trousers. The pinstripe suit in navy or grey was the most iconic of the 1940s and notorious with gangsters. Inner-city youth wore zoot suits. Every man wore a felt Fedora or straw hat and a snazzy pair of two-tone shoes. Read about 1940s men’s fashion history (scroll down).
We searched the web for the best vintage-inspired men’s clothing perfect for creating a 1940s men’s outfit.
1940s Men’s Clothing
- Suits and Zoot Suits
- Pants and Trousers
- Shirts and Sweaters
- Coats and Jackets
- Suspenders and Belts
- Swim Trunks
- Costumes – Halloween and Party
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
- Men’s Clothing in the UK
- Reproduction men’s clothing
1940s Men’s Fashion History
- 1940s Men’s Fashion – A detailed overview of all areas of men’s fashion in the 1940s.
- 1940s Men’s Suits – Learn about 1940’s men’s suits and clothing. Tips on creating your own look.
- 1940s Men’s Casual Fashion – Sport coats, shirts, and sweater vests.
- Men’s Outfit Ideas from the 1940s
- 1940s Men’s Formalwear – Dressing in white tie, black tie, summer whites and semi-formal.
- 1940s men’s Workwear & Uniforms – What wore for labor jobs and military positions.
- 1930-1950s Western Wear for Women and Men – Men’s western-style clothing from the 1930s to 1960s.
- 1940s Men’s Shoes – Learn about and shop for 1940s style shoes. Go here to read about Saddle Shoes.
- 1940s Men’s Swimwear – Swim shorts of the 1940s.
- 1940s Pajamas – Women’s and men’s sleepwear, robes and slippers.
- 1940s Teenage Boys’ Fashion – Boys’ and young men’s styles.
- 1940s Dance Shoes for Men – Shop men’s swing and ballroom dance shoes with 1940s style.
- 1940s Hats – Learn about 1940s men’s hat styles.
- 1940s Men’s underwear – Boxers, briefs, long johns, socks, and undershirts.
- 1940s Men’s Accessories – Belt, suspenders, cufflinks, glasses, watches, cane, pocket square, gloves, and scarves.
- 1940s Men’s hairstyles and facial hair – Common styles, trends, and grooming products.
- 1940s Groom Clothing – 1940s wedding attire for grooms.
- 1940s Men’s Costume Ideas – Classic 1940s look you can re-create.
- Where to shop for men’s vintage inspired and reproduction clothing. Go here for specifically 1940s men’s repro clothing.