VinatageDancer.com is the perfect place to get your brand and products in front of an audience that is looking to buy now. We seek to partner with USA and UK brands that promote vintage-inspired clothing and costumes. We offer a few options to advertising including product ads (the best option), banner ads, and social media shares.
Product Placement Ads
Get your best selling clothing, shoes and accessories included in VintageDancer.com Shopping Comparison pages. Product ads convert better than banners and have a larger reach than sponsored articles.
This is the best option for small or mid-size retailers who do not have an affiliate program. (See Affiliate product placements below if you have an affiliate program. )
- Choose a minimum of 5 product placements starting at $10 per product, per month. (Less than 5 products may be possible but with some limitations).
- All product listings run for 3 months (90 days) at a time. You can cancel after 1 month if not satisfied with the results.
- You can choose which products you want to place or let us choose based on our data on what is selling well right now. You can replace an item with another from your shop by contacting us at any time during your purchase period.
- Product listings include a product image, item name, price, and your logo (Etsy.com, Ebay.com, and Amazon.com hosted shops will only display the Etsy, eBay or Amazon logo) Product images will look best if they have a vertical orientation. We use the pictures already on your website – no need to send us photos.
- Products are listed on all appropriate product categories. For example, a “1950s dress” may also be listed with “Swing Dresses,” “Retro Dresses,” “Tiki Dresses, ” “Pinup Dresses” etc. We give you as much exposure as we can.
- New products are added to the top of the page (more than 5 products will be rotated over a month’s time). This ensures you will get maximum exposure. After that, products are listed by popularity/number of clicks. We put extra effort into keeping our advertiser products in prime positions.
- It will take 3 to 5 days to get your products listed on the website.
- You can use your own Google Analytics or similar tracking software to see how much traffic you are receiving from VintageDancer.com. We can provide you will click counts from our own internal software once a month if needed. Amazon, Etsy and eBay shops can also include a sales report for each purchase period.
- Examples of Advertiser Traffic (Clicks)
- Advertiser 1: 5 products, 1-2 categories each, 700 clicks per months
- Advertiser 2: 10 Products, 2 categories, 1,000 clicks per month
- Advertiser 3: 10 Products, 3-5 categories, 2,400 clicks per month
Who can Advertise?
- We are particular about working with reputable brands that our audience will want to purchase from. Since our audience is mostly USA and UK shoppers, we require all products be shipped from the USA, UK, and Australia arriving within 7-10 working days. Some exceptions are made for global sellers on Etsy.
- Websites need to have the following: About page, contact information: phone number/ email/ mailing address, origin of product, shipping location (country), clear shipping rates, favorable return policy, positive reviews, and unique product photography.
- Vintage clothing resellers are also welcome. In most cases we would link to a category within your website/Etsy shop rather than a single item.
- Handmade /custom clothing and accessories are encouraged.
Product Advertising Pricing
How to Buy a Product Ad
- Please contact Debbie ([email protected]) with any questions before you make a purchase. Please include the business name and website in your email.
- Next, select the Product Ad Package below to place your order and pay. We accept payment via PayPal, however we can also invoice you via Paypal, PDF invoice, receive a check by mail, or international wire transfer if you prefer. For an invoice please send us the business name, address, and phone number.
Affiliate Product Placements
For online retailers who have an affiliate program with at least a commission rate of 10% we may not charge additional advertising fees. To get your products listed with us please contact us with the following information:
- Are you part of an Affiliate Network (CJ, Shareasale, Linkshare, Amazon, etc)? If so which one?
- Do you run your own in-house affiliate program? If so please send us the link to sign up.
- Do you have a datafeed? Is it updated at least monthly? If so this will make it MUCH easier for us to add your products to the site. If you have no datafeed, we can still work with you, but it will take a few days to set up.
- We will select items from your product listings that we think will sell well. If you want to choose items to list you will need to pay for the placements via Product Ads
If we feel your product offerings do not significantly meet the needs of our customers, we may choose not to work with you.
Interested in starting your own affiliate program? If you want a managed solution we recommend Shareasale. If you want an in-house program there are many to choose from. Look at your website eCommerce host for recommendations that work with your website software. Some of our advertising partners use these 3rd party apps: postaffiliatepro.com and refersion.com
Banner Advertising – 300 x 250
• Article Banner- $100 (Placed in one existing article) for 30 days
• Sitewide Banner $400 (Sitewide) – Max 3 ads display with rotation if more than 3 ads are running
Article banners appear within the text of a popular article. They can be almost any size or style such as a banner, photo, or collage.
Sitewide Banner is a 300 x 250 banner placement viewable on every page except the homepage and category pages (ie vintagedancer.com/1920s.) We can target these ads to a specific decade/topic for maximum conversion.
• Social Media Mentions – $50
• Sponsored Post – $500-1000 depending on length and exclusivity
Social media mentions include multiple tweets, 1 Facebook post, and multiple Pinterest pins over the course of the month. Promoted posts/pins are available for additional fees.
Outside of this website, Debbie Sessions has provided mentoring and online marketing consultation to new and existing businesses that want to improve their websites’s Search Engine rankings (SEO), fix eCommerce sites that are not converting to sales, improve social media presence (Pinterest expert), define their brand, and many other online marketing challenges. Debbie is available to consult with you on your website/brand needs and devise a plan to take your business growth to the next level. Consultation begins at $100. Contact Debbie for more details.
We look forward to working with you!
Leave a reply to ask your question. I will respond to you by email within 24 hours. You can also email me at help @ vintagedancer.com