Finding ’70s clothes to wear for an everyday retro fashion or 1970s disco party has become a lot easier thanks to the current trends. For costume parties, sticking to the classic 70s outfits and hippie costumes will always be in style. We browsed online and found many great 70s clothes for women to mix and match the perfect 70s outfit together. Both USA and UK shops are listed.
Women’s 70s Clothes
Grooving out of the Swinging Sixties and into the disco dancing 70s gave us a fabulous new wardrobe full of color, texture and retro patterns. Polyester jumpsuits, fringe jackets, high waisted flared pants, maxi dresses and retro T-shirts are just a few of our favorite women’s 70s clothes.
The boho hippie style went back to past with granny boots, embroidered tunic shirts, suede vests and headbands.
Now casual ’70s is making a comeback with denim jackets, bell bottom jeans, vintage tops, and western boots.
More 70s Clothes
- Jeans and Pants
- Tops and Shirts
- Plus Size Clothing, Costumes
- Disco Dresses and Hippie dresses
- Evening Dresses and Wedding Dresses
- Workout clothes
- Skirts, Jumpers
- Jackets, Furs, Vests
- Shoes and Boots
- Hats and Visors
- Wigs and Hair Accessories
- Lingerie and Sleepwear
- Costumes – hippie, disco
- Children’s Clothing
- 1970s Sewing Patterns
1970s Fashion History
- 1970s Women’s Fashion – What women wore in the 1970s
- Disco Fashion– What did women and men wear to a Disco dance?
- 1970s Dress Styles – Dress trends during the 70s
- 1970s Formal Dress, Evening Gown Photos
- 1970s Shirts, Tops, Blouses, T-Shirt Styles | History
- Vintage Knit Scarves, Shawls for Winter 1910-1970s
- History of Jeans – How did the 70s get to be the heyday of blue jeans?
- Sandals – History of women’s sandal shoes
- 1970s Makeup Guide and Beauty Products
- 1970s Hairstyles for Women | 70s Haircuts
- 1970s Lingerie Fashion | Panties, Bras, Teddies, Slips
- Vintage Workout Clothes & Retro Gym Clothes History
1970s Outfit Ideas
- Granny dresses – Midi and maxi length Edwardian inspired lace trim prairie dresses with tall boots.
- Short mod dresses and knee-length shirtdresses with platform shoes
- Peasant blouses, halter tops, and 70s band shirts tucked in belted high rise bell bottom jeans.
- High rise colored skinny jeans with strappy sandals and slinky halter top.
- Hippie clothes – decorate jeans with patches, fringe, and embroidery. Pair with a tunic blouse
- Pantsuits with silk bow blouses and blazer jacket.
- Jumpsuits with oversize sunglasses and wedge shoes.
- Denim everything – pants, jumpsuits, dresses, skirts, shirts, jackets all layered together.
- Sequins dress or jumpsuits with high strappy heels for the Disco look
- Western shirt, silver buckle belt, western jeans and cowboy boots
More 70s outfit ideas: