Classic men’s vintage shoes, retro shoes and vintage boots never go out to style. For a vintage-inspired wardrobe, consider these men’s vintage shoe styles:
- Oxfords – Brown or black cap toe or wingtip Oxfords span the 1910s to the 1970s and beyond
- Two-Tone Spectator Oxfords and saddle shoes – Brown and white or black and white pattern Oxfords say vintage like no other shoe
- Lace-up Boots – Brown or black lace-up dress boots are back in style now
- Loafers – Classic penny loafers are casual 1940s -1980s men’s slip-on shoes
- Boat Shoes – In summer, casual boat shoes pair well with pants or shorts
- Hi- and low-top Converse shoes and low classic Keds – Timeless sporty men’s shoes
- Strappy Leather Sandals – Old school vintage summer shoes before the flip-flop revolution
- Chelsea Boots – Easy to pull on and an often forgotten men’s vintage boot and retro boot
- Work Boots – All leather lace-up workboots have changed little over the past century
- Winter Boots – Shearling or fur lined lace up boots are warm and weatherproof. Pull on wellingtons for rainy days.
- Slippers and house shoes.
These new classic vintage shoes are equally a part of a contemporary wardrobe as they are a vintage one. Pick up a pair of each of these men’s vintage retro shoes and you will have a shoe collection fit for a lifetime.
Men’s Vintage Shoes
Learn the history of men’s vintage shoe styles by decade:
Victorian Men’s Boots and Shoes – Civil war, gentlemen’s and workwear styles.
1910s Men’s Shoes and Boots – Lace up or spat button boots, Oxford shoes.
1920s Men’s Shoes – Cap toe Oxfords, lace up boots, two-tone golf shoes.
1930s Men’s Shoes – White Oxfords and wingtips in summer, two tones year round.
1940s Men’s Shoes – Simple wingtips, penny loafers, military boots.
1950s Men’s Shoes – Slip one casuals, engineer boots, blue suede shoe, saddle shoes.
1960s Men’s Shoes – Pull on ankle boots, shiny Oxfords, Chelsea boots.
1970s Men’s Shoes – Platform shoes, western boots, suede shoes, retro sneakers.
1980s Men’s Shoes – White high tops sneakers, loafers, Converse shoes, moto boots (90s).