Classic mid-century retro clothing spans the 1940s to the 1970s with feminine silhouettes and vibrant colors. From modest A-line dresses in the 1940s, full skirts and wiggle dresses in the 1950s, the daring mini skirt of the 1960s and the hippie look of the 1970s. Retro clothing is classic, comfortable and unique in an age of trendy sameness. Mix and match genuine vintage with modern inspired pieces for an affordable and wearable wardrobe. Mix up decades and bring a timeless retro clothing style that will have everyone copying your outfits.
Here at VintageDancer we make it easy to shop for new vintage style and retro clothing online from many trusted retailers including retro dresses, tops, pants, shorts, skirts, shoes, jewelry, accessories and more. Shop the decade menu above, or choose from these popular retro clothing pages:
Retro Clothing Outfit Ideas
- Vintage Retro Maternity- History of maternity clothes plus how to get the vintage look while pregnant.
- Vintage Hiking / Camping Clothes history
- Swing Dance clothing ideas and advice for women and men.
- 40 men’s vintage and vintage inspired clothing shops (online) and 50 women’s stores we love.
- Advice for men: How to start building a vintage retro wardrobe
- Advice for Men: Reasons to Dress up and Dance Advice for Women: How to get your man to dress up and dance.
- Teenager Fashion from 1910 to 1950
- Retro Sandals- History by decade
- Saddle Shoes- All about black and white saddles shoes by decade
- Vintage Skirts- 1900 to 1950s, pictures and history
- Vintage Evening Gowns – Photos
- Vintage Lingerie Photos and Ads- 1920 to 1950
- Vintage Inspired Wedding dresses- 1920-1960
- Vintage Sweaters 1900-1930 and 1940 to 1960s
- 50 Vintage Halloween Costume Ideas and Retro Halloween Themed Clothing
- Vintage Wide Leg Pants History
- Polka Dot Dresses– History Through the Decades
- Vintage Hiking and Camping pictures
- Fashion History Books We Love