Historic Edwardian men’s fashion and clothing entered the turn of the century with a Victorian formality, but it ended with a more relaxed style after WWI. While Edwardian men’s clothing looks formal by our modern standards, in reality they were the start of classic menswear as we know it today. From evening 1st class dinners aboard the Titanic to summer sporting events to working-class laborers, the Edwardian decade was full of fascinating fashions.
These vintage-inspired modern clothes work great for recreating the 1900-1920 men’s style. They are perfect for WWI reenactment, Titanic, Downton Abbey, and casual men’s outfits.
Read about Men’s Edwardian Fashion before you shop (scroll down or click here to jump to guides). Need help with your outfit? Ask us anytime.
- Suits and Coats
- Evening Attire
- Shirts, Sweaters
- Pants and Trousers
- Boots and Shoes
- Neckties, Bow Ties
- Accessories: Watch, cane, gloves
- Men’s Costumes
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
To assemble a 1900-1910s men’s outfit, begin with a good suit, frock coat, coordinating waistcoat (vest), and a dress shirt with a round club collar. Complete the look by adding a hat (bowler or homburg felt hat for winter, straw boater or gambler hat for summer), boots or shoes, gloves, and a pocket square. If you are going for a lower class look, mismatch the pieces and add a cap instead of a felt hat.
Men’s Fashion Guides
- Edwardian 1910s Men’s Fashion– A historical overview of Edwardian men’s fashion.
- 1910s Men’s Workwear- How the working classes dressed
- 1910s Men’s Casual Clothing- Sporty weekend and lower class outfits
- 1918- Fashion during WW1 for women and men
- 1900s Men’s Outfits – Six men’s fashion looks from 1900-1919, formal to workwear
- 1900-1910s Watches– Men’s Watch history
- 19100-1910s Socks– Men’s Socks history
- 1910s Gloves– Men’s glove history
- Men’s ties and bowties – 1910s and onward
- 1900-1910s Jewelry – Men’s accessories- cufflinks, collar pins, tie sticks etc
- Edwardian Boots Recommend Shoes for Men.
- Edwardian Men’s Formal Wear– How to dress for a formal evening or wedding event
- Downton Abbey Mens Clothing Guide– 1915-1925 Day and formal clothes.
- Sailing/ Boating Outfits for Summer
- Edwardian Men’s Motoring Clothes– Driving cars in the 1900s