The 1930s are a forgotten in-between decade of fashion, overshadowed by the economic turmoil of the Great Depression. There isn’t a fashion decade in the 20th century that embodied more femininity and elegance in women more than the 30s.
We just can’t get enough 1930s Hollywood evening gowns, strappy dancing shoes, or casual lounge clothes with vintage glamour.
Reproduction women’s 1930s clothing is very limited but you can achieve the 1930s look with new vintage inspired 30s clothing.
Start browsing hundreds of new and repro 1930s style clothes online such as 1930s style dresses, wide leg pants, blouses, coats, shoes, and accessories.
Shop 1930s menswear too.
1930s Clothing for Women
More 30s Clothing
- 1930s Dresses and Plus Size Dresses
- Evening Dresses and Wedding Dresses
- Blouses and Tops
- Coats, Jackets, Fur Stoles
- Pants and shorts
- Makeup Guide
- Stockings and Underwear
- Sewing Patterns
- Costumes – Halloween and Party
- Children’s Clothing
- Clothing in the UK
1930s Fashion History for Women
- 1930s Fashion for Women – An introduction to 1930s fashion
- 1930s House Dresses – History of the house dresses, aprons and the hooverette
- 1930s Day or Afternoon Dresses – History and shopping guide
- 1930s Formal, Party Dresses History
- 1930s Women’s Pants, Trousers, and Beach Pajamas History and Blue Jeans
- 1930s Blouses, Tops, Shirt Styles | History
- 1930s Coats and Jackets History
- 1930s Sweaters– History of women’s sweaters / jumpers 1910-1930s
- Vintage Shorts, Culottes History 1930s-1950s
- 1930s Swimsuits – History of swimwear in the 1930s
- 1930s Lingerie Styles – Bras, slips, panties, girdles, and more
- 1930s Stockings, Nylons, Hosiery History and socks
- 1930s Sleepwear History | Nightgowns, Pajamas, Robes, Slippers
- 1930s Women’s Shoes – Learn about and buy 1930s style shoes
- 1930s Hats – Women’s hat styles during the 30s
- 1930s Handbags Fashion – History and buying guide
- Vintage Gloves History- 1900-1960
- A History of Belts 1920-1960 for Women
- 1930s Jewelry Styles – Popular styles of 1930s jewelry
- 1930s Glasses and Sunglasses History
- Summer Scarves and Winter Scarf and Shawl Trends
- 1930s Long Hairstyles – 1930s hairstyles for long hair
- 1930s Makeup – The best authentic 1930s vintage makeup guide
- 1930s Fashion Colors and Fabrics – A guide color and materials in women’s clothing
- 1930s Wedding Dresses – History of wedding gowns and accessories
- Vintage Maternity Clothes History 1920s-1950s
- 1930s Plus Size Fashion – History and photos of average to plus size ladies
- 1930s Mature Women Fashion, Mrs. Clothing
- 1930s Black Fashion, African American Clothing Photos
- 1930s, 1940s, 1950s Western Wear for Women and Men
- 1930s Teenage Girls Fashion
- Vintage Capsule Wardrobes- 1910s-1960s – What clothing women bought in the 1930s for low and high budgets
- 1937 Fashion, Clothing Styles – Catalogs from 1937
- 1938 Fashion | Dresses, Coats, Hats, Shoes – Catalogs from 1938
What clothing was popular in the 1930s?
For ladies, tea length modest dresses trimmed in lace, ruffles and small collars made up most women’s daily 1930s fashion. For casual summer days there were high waisted and wide leg beach pajamas, overalls, and tennis skirts. For a glamorous Old Hollywood evenings, ladies wore silky bias cut gowns and fur jackets.
1930s Outfit Ideas
- 1930s Outfit Inspiration
- 1930s Outfit Ideas | Autumn, Winter, Spring Inspiration
- What should I wear to a 1930s themed party?
- 1920s -1930s Sailing Outfits | Dresses, Pants, Hats
- Vintage Western Wear Clothing, Outfit Ideas
- Film Noir Costume Ideas
- 1920s Casual Outfits with Pants for Women (can work for 1930s)
- Where to Buy Repro 1930s Clothing – Our online shopping guide to 1930s reproduction brands
- 1930s Sewing Patterns – Women’s Reproduction Sewing Patterns
How do dress like you are from the 1930s?
Find a midi length dress with a modest neckline and add a skinny belt above the natural waist. This will create the 1930s silhouette. You could add accessories such as a short pearl or bead necklace, a small vintage style hat, gloves, a clutch purse and a pair of closed toe heels.
For a casual 1930s look try wide leg palazzo pants paired with a silky blouse and huarache sandals. Add an oversized summer beach hat and pair of round sunglasses for the Riviera look.
What to wear for a 1930s evening party? A long formal gown paired with strappy heels, long gloves, and a faux fur sole is effortlessly glamorous.