1950s style clothing is timeless. Cool cats and hipsters made the 1950s decade iconic for its youthful freedoms and fun sense of style. Fifties fashion goes beyond poodle skirts and saddle shoes, however, because teenagers weren’t the only ones setting clothing trends. 1950s housewives played a role in defining the ultra-feminine style we love to wear today.
Follow the links below to shop ’50s clothing. Or, scroll to the bottom of the page or click here to read about 1950s fashion history.
50s Clothing for Women
- Dresses and plus size dresses
- Pencil/Wiggle Dresses
- Cocktail Dresses and Evening Gowns
- Wedding Dresses
- Skirts and poodle skirts
- Crinoline/ Petticoats
- Pants, Jeans and Capris
- Shorts and Rompers
- Tops and Shirts
- Sweaters and Cardigans
- Coats and Jackets
- Lingerie and Stockings
- Shoes – more flats, boots, wide sizes, and sandals
- Hair Accessories and Wigs
- Makeup Guide
- Costumes – Halloween and Party
- Sewing Patterns
- Children’s Clothing
50s Clothing for Men
1950s Women’s Fashion History
- 1950s Women’s Fashion History – An introduction to fashions changes in the 1950s.
- Guide to 1950s women’s fashion – An infographic and guide to creating a 1950s look.
- 50s Outfits – 20 Ideas from Casual to Classy.
- 1950s fabrics and fashion colors – What colors were popular in the 50s?
- 1950s House Dresses and aprons – History of the humble housewife’s uniform.
- Learn about the three main styles of 1950s dresses. Read about formal and prom dresses here.
- You need a petticoat to go with your dress – learn about them!
- 1950s Sheath Dresses – More info about the variations of ’50s sheath dresses.
- The Hostess Dress – I Love Lucy sported this dress over capri set. Learn the history.
- 1950s Plus Size fashion – History of fuller sizes and styling advice.
- 1950s Mature Women’s Fashion – Clothing styles for the wiser woman.
- 1950s Wedding Dresses, Shoes – History of ’50s weddings attire
- 1950s Maternity Clothing – History of clothing for the baby bump
- Western Themed clothing – How the Western-style evolved before and after the 50s
- 1950s Clothing Online – A guide to shopping for vintage-inspired 1950s women’s clothing online.
- 1950s Tops, Shirts, Blouses – Learn all about the different styles.
- 1950s Skirts– Poodle skirts, circle skirts, pencil skirts for teens and women.
- 1950s Women’s Pants – Capri pants and more from the 1940s and 1950s styles.
- 1950s Women’s Shorts and Rompers – 1950s shorts styles and shopping help.
- 1950s Swimsuits – Retro swimsuits for summertime pool parties.
- 1950s Lingerie – Bras, panties, corsets, slips and more underwear.
- 1950s Stockings and bobby socks.
- 1950s Shoes – History and shopping guide to 1950s women’s shoes. More about winter boots, sandals, and flats.
- 1950s Coats – Long, short and fur coat history.
- 1950s Hats – Learn about the common styles of 1950’s hats.
- 1950s Handbags – Bags, purses, and handbags for day to night.
- 1950s Hairstyles for women – The major hairstyle trends with pictures.
- 1950s Jewelry styles – Styles and trends of 1950s jewelry.
- 1950s Hawaiian Clothes – Where to shop online for sarong, tiki, and tropical prints dresses
- 1950s Makeup Guide – Natural women’s makeup history and tutorial. Plus, a review of my favorite ’50s makeup guide.
- 1950s Accessories – Tips on using a 50s scarf, parasol, umbrella, gloves, hair flower, and purse to accessorize an outfit.
- Detailed accessories history: Belts and neck scarves.
- 50s Girls Costumes – Little girls and young adult clothing.
- 1950s Teenager Fashion – What teen girls went for in the 50s.
- How to Dress for a Sock Hop.
1950s style clothing is timeless. Cool cats and hipsters made the 1950s decade iconic for its youthful freedoms and fun sense of style. Fifties fashion goes beyond poodle skirts and saddle shoes, however, as teenagers weren’t the only ones setting clothing trends. 1950s housewives played a role in defining the ultra-feminine style we love to wear today. Learn about 1950s fashion history on our blog. For 1950s menswear look here.
The 1950s fashion revival has come full circle with the return of the fifties swing dress, wiggle dress, retro swimsuit, and shoes for women. For men the fedora hats, suspenders, and bowling shirts are experiencing a comeback. Whether you need to dress up your daily vintage inspired pinup/Rockabilly wardrobe or for a fifties themed event, wedding, or prom, we can help you find the perfect outfit. We link to hundreds of 1950s inspired clothing online in the USA, UK and AU to make your shopping easier.