19th century fashions of the Victorian era are highly romanticized in books and movies. Whether you need a Victorian costume such as a women’s civil war dress, bustle gown, Prairie dress, or farmhouse Victorian style (#Cottagecore) clothing for your inspired wardrobe, we found some great affordable choices online. All styles representing Victorian 1800s fashion – 1840s, 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s, and 1890s to 1900 are included.
Victorian Ladies Clothing
More Victorian Clothing
- Dresses and Plus Size Dresses
- CottageCore – Blending Victorian, prairie, cottage, farm house styles
- Wedding gowns
- Blouses and Sweaters
- Coats and Jackets
- Shawls, Capelets, Capes, Muffs
- Underwear – Crinolines, Petticoats, Chemise
- Boots and Shoes
- Accessories – Gloves, handbags, hand fans, belts
- Hair Jewelry and Wigs
- Sewing Patterns
- Children’s Clothing
- Steampunk Ladies’ Clothing
1800s Victorian Women’s Fashion
- Victorian Fashion – 1840s to 1890s – An overview of the Victorian Era
- Victorian 1840s-1850s – Dickens Era Costuming Guide
- Victorian Civil War Era costume 1860s Tips on creating the Civil War era look
- Victorian Bustle era 1870-1880s – Tips on creating Bustle era styles
- Simple Victorian Daytime Costume DIY – Using just a skirt, blouse and belt
- Victorian Ballgown Costume DIY – How to quickly make a Victorian ballgown or evening outfit
- Victorian and Edwardian Bicycle Outfits
- Victorian Lingerie History | Corset, Chemise, Petticoats
- Victorian Carriage Parasol – DIY guide to making a Victorian small parasol.
- Victorian Boots – History of and where to buy authentic style Victorian boots
- Victorian Boots and Shoes for Kids – What children should wear
- Victorian Hats for Ladies – Popular styles through the decades
- Victorian Hat Decoration – Ideas to decorate late Victorian tea hats
- Victorian Tea Dresses – Late Victorian era white tea gowns
- Victorian Purses, Handbags, and shopping baskets
- Victorian Gloves – The most important ladies’ accessory
- Victorian Hand Fan– Another popular accessory
- Victorian Sewing Patterns – All women’s sewing patterns
- Victorian Makeup Guide and Beauty History – How Victorian ladies wore makeup
1800s Victorian Men’s Fashion Guides
For men, high waisted trousers paired with a dress shirt, vest, cravat tie, top hat and boots are your essentials. Adding a morning coat, gloves, spats and pocket watch will turn you into a fine gentleman. For Wild West and outlaw men, the essentials are the same but in more durable and colorful materials. Learn how to dress like a Victorian gentleman.
- Victorian Men’s Fashion – An overview of the Victorian era for men
- Victorian Men’s Fashion guide – All about creating the Victorian look with new or repro men’s clothing
- Victorian Men’s Shoes – Learn about Victorian style boots and shoes for men.
- Victorian Formal Wear – A guide to the history of Victorian men’s formal wear with recommendations on how to pull off the Victorian look with modern clothing.
Victorian Children’s Fashion
- Victorian Era Clothing – boys’ and girls’ clothing pictures from the 1850s, 1860s 1870s, 1880s, 1890s
- Victorian Kids’ Boots and Shoes – Where to buy Civil War and Victorian style boots and shoes
Do you need more help? If you didn’t find what you are looking for here, ask me and I’ll do my best to help you.