A well-dressed Victorian man needs a quality suit, tie, shoes, a hat, and accessories to reenact the era. We have found many men’s Victorian clothing options online to help with your shopping for a Civil War, Dickens, Steampunk, or single-action shooting reenactment. Start assembling your Victorian-era outfit from these links.
Read more about Victorian men’s fashion history before you shop.
Victorian Men’s Clothing
- Suits, Coats and Jackets
- Evening Attire
- Pants and Trousers
- Boots and Shoes
- Neckties– Ascot, Cravat, Bowtie
- Accessories– Cane, pocket watch, gloves
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
- Steampunk Men’s Clothing
- Victorian men’s clothing in the UK
A basic Victorian men’s outfit starts with high waist pants held up by suspenders in solid wool, plaid, or dark stripes. Next, add a loose Victorian men’s shirt in a white or solid color for working classes. A mid to upper-class man wore a Victorian suit with matching vest. Poor classes may have only afforded a mismatched vest and jacket. Use a cravat or ascot in lieu of a necktie. Wear button-up or lace-up boots on your feet and a Victorian top hat, bowler or cap on your head. Complete the look with a Victorian men’s frock coat, cutaway, or morning coat (tailcoat). Add men’s accessories such as gloves and a pocket watch to really make your costume stand out.
VICTORIAN MENS FASHION GUIDES
- Victorian Men’s Fashion – An overview of the Victorian era for men
- Victorian Men’s Fashion guide – All about creating the Victorian look with new or repro men’s clothing
- Victorian Mens Shoes – Learn about Victorian style boots and shoes for men.
- Victorian Formal Wear – A guide to the history of Victorian men’s formal wear with recommendations on how to pull off the Victorian look with modern clothing.
- Victorian Costumes – Halloween costumes with Victorian characters such as Rhett Butler, Sweeny Todd, Sherlock Holmes, Scrooge