A well-dressed Victorian man needs a quality suit, cravat tie, lace up boots, a top hat, and accessories to reenact the era. Victorian working classes need durable clothing and boots to withstand the elements.
We have found many men’s Victorian clothing options online to help with your shopping for a Civil War, Dickens Fair, Pioneer, Old West, Steampunk, party costume, or single-action shooting reenactment outfit. Start assembling your Victorian-era outfit from these links.
Read about Victorian men’s fashion history before you shop.
Victorian Men’s Clothing
More Victorian Menswear
- Suits, Coats and Jackets
- Evening Attire
- Pants and Trousers
- Boots and Shoes
- Neckties– Ascot, Cravat, Bowtie
- Accessories– Cane, pocket watch, gloves
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
- Steampunk Men’s Clothing
- Victorian men’s clothing in the UK
Victorian Men’s Fashion Guides
- Victorian Men’s Fashion – An overview of the Victorian era for men
- Victorian Men’s Fashion Guide – All about creating the Victorian look with new or repro men’s clothing
- Victorian Men’s Shoes and Boots – Learn about Victorian style boots and shoes for men.
- Victorian Formal Wear – A guide to the history of Victorian men’s formal wear with recommendations on how to pull off the Victorian look with modern clothing.
- Victorian Costumes – Halloween costumes with Victorian characters such as Rhett Butler, Sweeny Todd, Sherlock Holmes, Scrooge
- Mens Victorian Sweaters & Knitwear | Edwardian Cardigans & Jumpers
A basic Victorian men’s outfit starts with high waist pants held up by suspenders in solid wool, plaid, or dark stripes. Next, add a loose Victorian men’s shirt in a white or solid color for working classes. A mid to upper-class man wore a Victorian suit with matching vest. Poor classes may have only afforded a mismatched vest and jacket. Use a cravat or ascot in lieu of a necktie. Wear button-up or lace-up boots on your feet and a Victorian top hat, bowler or cap on your head. Complete the look with a Victorian men’s frock coat, cutaway, or morning coat (tailcoat). Add men’s accessories such as gloves and a pocket watch to really make your costume stand out.