Rock n’ roll to rockabilly, nerds to dapper men, 1950s men’s fashions are all making a comeback.
Slim fitting suits, skinny ties, Letterman jackets, bowling shirts, saddle shoes and chunky glasses defined the 1950s guy’s wardrobe. While hats were fading from fashion, men like Frank Sinatra kept the fedora hat and black and white shoes alive a little longer. Meanwhile, musicians like Elvis introduced trendy new suede footwear and actor James Dean made the classic white T-shirt and leather jacket a must for any greaser. Jocks wore letterman jackets, blue jeans and Converse high tops. 50s nerds set a new fashion trend with horn-rim glasses, high waisted pants, and pocket protectors. Teddy Boys in England reintroduced style from the 1900s. There are 50s male fashions for every age and personality.
For your 50s men’s outfit, we searched the web and found many vintage, reproduction, and 1950s inspired men’s clothes to choose from. We linked to them here making your shopping easier. UK and European shoppers can look at these vintage style clothes made closer to home.
Scroll down further for our articles on 1950s men’s fashion history.
1950s Men’s Clothing
- Suits and Sport Coats
- Pants, Trousers, and Jeans
- Shirts and Sweaters
- Coats and Jackets
- Shoes and saddle shoes
- Glasses and sunglasses
- Swim Trunks
- Costumes – Halloween and party
- Men’s Sewing Patterns
- Men’s Clothing in the UK
- Reproduction men’s clothing
View a list of men’s vintage, reproduction, or vintage inspired clothing brands here.
Men’s 50s Fashion History
- 1950s Men’s Fashion: Business Suits, dress shirts, overcoats
- 1950s Men’s Fashion: Casual Clothing, shirts, pants, shorts, jackets
- 1950s Outfit ideas for men
- 1950s Men’s Shoes – History of men’s 1950s shoes.
- 1950s Men’s Shirts – History of 1950s men’s shirt styles
- 1950s Men’s Hats – History of 1950s style men’s hats
- 1950s Men’s Swimsuits – Men’s swimwear from the 1930s to 1950s
- Men’s Westernwear — 1930s to 1950s Western clothing
- Jeans – History of denim blue jeans
- Men’s Ties – History men’s neckties and bow ties
- Mens Vintage Workwear 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s – Men’s vintage work clothing
- Men’s Watches – History of wristwatches
- Men’s Socks – History of men’s socks
- Men’s Vintage Jewelry – tie clips, rings, etc
- Men’s Formalwear – Tuxedos and wedding attire