It is next to impossible to find vintage maternity clothes. As an alternative, some new maternity clothes (dresses mostly) have a vintage inspired style to them. With one of these new vintage dresses and a few vintage accessories, women can look retro with a baby bump (and it is so cute too!)
Where else to shop for vintage maternity?
I often find maternity clothes in vintage styles at these websites:
Effie’s Heart – Love these cute, simple dresses made of stretchy knits. Made in the USA
Karina Dresses – A few 40s and 50s style dresses in fun prints made of stretch knits
Target – Great for essentials. Leggings, tank tops, shirts, jeans, and shorts
ASOS (USA and UK) – Cute, trendy dresses and separates
BooHoo (USA and UK) – Many 70s retro maternity clothes
Nordstrom – I love the Kimi brand
JC Penny – Affordable maternity clothes
Decade Maternity ideas
- For 1930s maternity clothes, choose a flutter sleeve dress.
- 1940s maternity dresses favor a polka dot wrap dress.
- A stretchy knit swing dress for 1950s maternity fashion, or a circle skirt and blouse.
- A mini shift dress is 1960s maternity fashion.
- The 1970s maternity looks are back in style, making it easy to find maxi dresses, jumpsuits, and high waisted pants.
- In the 1980s maternity world, overalls were the biggest thing for pregnant women (and they were so comfortable too).
- 1990s maternity clothing was all about the babydoll dress over a pair of leggings or jeans.