Vintage scarves are fabulous accessories to accessorize a plain dress, add color to your outfit, or tame unruly hair. Since the 1920s (and even before that), women have been using scarves in many different ways. In spring and summer they were decorative, while in winter they provided warmth and character. Consider these vintage scarf trends by decade:
- 1920s scarves: Skinny scarves tied loose around the neck, vintage silk scarves wrapped around the head and fringe scarves covered bare arms.
- 1930s scarves: Summer scarves draped around the shoulders to add interest to the neckline
- 1940s scarves: Head scarves kept hair in place for working Rosies
- 1950s scarves: The chiffon neck scarf added a pop of color next to a plain sweater.
- 1960s -1970s scarves: Wrapped around the head and tied under the chin or hair with big sunglasses, everyone looked like a Hollywood actress
Learn more about vintage scarf styles through the decades here.
Now, shop this great selection of vintage inspired scarves in trending colors and various vintage scarf styles.