It’s boot season! There’s nothing more fun than wearing a pair of retro vintage boots both vintage outfits and contemporary clothes. Fur trim? Ankle booties? Tall Boots? Platform Boots? Victorian granny boots? Hiking boots? Work boots? Rain boots? Galoshes? Every decade featured spring to winter boots that were comfortable and kept nice heels safe from mud, rain, and snow. Finding vintage boots today is not easy, especially the adorable fur or shearling lined boots popular in the mid-century. Consider these easier to find vintage inspired boots instead:
- 1920s: Lace-up granny boots, galoshes with buckles, Russian boots (tall pull-on boots)
- 1930s: Fur trim lace-up boots, tall riding boots, short rubber overshoes
- 1940s: Mid-calf lace-up boots, plain western boots, work boots with buckles at the top
- 1950s: Granny boots, front zip-up ankle boots, wedge heel boots, engineer boots (motorcycle boots), rain covers
- 1960s: Flat sole/ low heel pull-on boots, go-go boots, over the knee boots, rain boots, vinyl boots in bright colors, short booties
- 1970s: 70s granny boots, embroidery patterns, suede, over the knee boots
- Steampunk: Combine the best of old Victorian and futuristic fashion together
Learn about vintage boot history here.
Fun and practical styles from the Victorian Era to the 1970s are linked to here to make your retro vintage boots shopping easier.
New Vintage Boots