Facebook is an invaluable connection to other vintage fashion enthusiasts. There are countless fashion history pages to follow, discussion groups to join, and places to buy and sell antique, costume, retro, vintage, or vintage style clothing.
Today I wanted to round up the Facebook pages/groups I follow and share them with you.
Fashion History on Facebook
Browse photos and videos, read articles, look at museum collections, and otherwise learn about vintage fashion history with these groups:
- Fashion Historians Unite! – “This is a professional networking group intended to facilitate connections in the fashion and textile history academic and museum realm, worldwide.” I enjoy watching this thread for recent articles on fashion history.
- 1940s Art, Design and Lifestyle – Daily images of life in the 1940s.
- Victorian~70s- Antique & Vintage Clothing Dating Help – A group for vintage clothing re-sellers who need help dating an item. I learn a great deal about designers, textiles, and history here.
- 1940s – A group for those who care about the 1940s, its authentic and historically accurate portrayal and those who wish to improve their presentation.
- Friends of WWII – re-enactors and vintage enthusiasts – An informative group for all things 1940-1944.
- America in the 1900s – Photos taken between 1900-1909.
- America in the 1910s – Photos taken between 1910-1919.
- America in the 1930s – Photos taken between 1930-1939.
- America in the 1950s – BIG discussion group and sharing about all things 50s. 1950s America is a similar group.
- Memories of the 1960s and 1970s – Walk down memory lane with this group who grew up in the 60s and 70s.
- 1920s Fashion and Music – Photos and videos in the 1920s of mostly movie stars.
These groups are primarily aimed at discussing topics related to vintage fashions and vintage inspired clothing. Ask questions. Get answers. Share your knowledge. Some also allow buying and selling.
- 1900-1925 Edwardian-WWI Era Fashion & Costuming – Discussion group about the 1900-1925 fashion era, costuming tips, sewing help.
- 1920s-1930s Costumers Support Group – This is a great group to ask questions and share your 1920s and 1930s costumes/vintage clothing. I have learned a great deal from the discussions that happen here and contributed to a few answers as well.
- Fedora Lounge – My favorite place to learn about men’s vintage or “classic” fashion. Women’s clothing, too, although its mostly about men’s. Share your latest finds, ask advice, share interesting articles, or post items for sale on other groups.
- Pinup Talk – A fabulous group for women who wear the vintage pinup look.
- Vintage Styling for Modern Gals – Discussion group for women getting the vintage look
- Mad Matters Society – A group for collectors, wearers of hats, and hat makers from all over the world.
- Antique Jewelry Identification – A discussion/help group that will help identify your vintage jewelry.
- Vintage Clothing labels – Help to research vintage clothing labels up to 1960.
- The Victorianist Society – “We are here to discuss and celebrate the better aspects of Victorian life (~1830s – 1900.)”
- I love Vintage Men’s Suits – Share pictures or sell men’s vintage suits pre-1960.
- I love Vintage Men’s Casual – Share pictures or sell men’s vintage casual clothing pre-1960.
- I Love Vintage Men’s Shoes – Share pictures and discuss men’s vintage shoes pre-1960.
Search “I love vintage men’s” for more groups about hats, workwear, formal wear, timepieces, etc.
Buy and Sell Vintage Clothing
Move over Etsy and eBay, the new place to buy and sell is in on Facebook. You can post your needs and measurements and sellers will respond with options they have or you can browse the postings for something that catches your eye. Act fast, listings are first reply first buy and the good stuff gets snatched up very quickly.
Be sure to read the group rules under the “about” section on each page to learn how to sell items. Each page operates a little differently about what you can sell, how to list the item, and how to respond to buyers.
- Ooh La La! Vintage Swap and Sell Shop – The largest (20K fans) buy and sell group for mid-century vintage clothing, 1930 to 1962. This is my go to place to shop.
- Vintage Knitwear 1920s-1940s – Discussion group and buy/sell for vintage knitwear clothing that is pre 1950s.
- Vintage Knitting Patterns & Garments – A place to buy and sell vintage knitting and crochet patterns or ask questions. I have a stash of patterns I need to sell here soon.
- Retro Flamingo Vintage Clothing/Accessories – Buy and sell genuine vintage clothing from 1969 and earlier. Men’s, women’s and kitsch.
- Retro Flamingo 70’s 80’s and Reproductions – Sister group to the above that now includes later decades and vintage reproduction/inspired clothing.
- Reproducing Vintage and Reviving Thrashed Threads – A unique place to buy and sell vintage clothing that is damaged, delicate, or otherwise not fit for wear without further repair. A great place for bargains! Items must be at least 20 years old.
- The Unmentionables: Vintage and Antique Lingeries – This group focuses on vintage or reproduction lingerie from Victorian thru the 1980s.
- Antique Textile & Clothing Exchange 1800s-1940s – Buy and sell 1800s to 1940s clothing.
- Victorian/Edwardian/1920s style Clothing and Fineries and Original Vintage Clothing – Buy and sell group for 1840s to 1920s clothing.
- Historical Costumes Buy/Sell/ Custom made – Sell your handmade historical “costumes,” antique clothing or request a custom made item from talented seamstresses.
- 1920s 30s and 40s market place– Buy and sell vintage items here. Mostly clothing but household decor, books, and collectibles can also be found in here.
- Unique Vintage Costume Jewelry – The place to find vintage jewelry and accessories.
- Sewing Pattern Market Place – De-stash your overflowing collection of sewing patterns and pick up some new to you vintage patterns too.
- Buxom Vintage Beauties– Vintage retro and inspired clothing in plus sizes.
- Children’s Vintage Clothing Resale – Buy and sell vintage children’s clothing.
Men’s Buy and Sell Vintage Clothing
- Golden Age Men’s Vintage Buy & Sell – Pre- 1960 men’s vintage clothing and reproductions.
- I Love Vintage Ties – Buy/Sell or show off your pre-1960 vintage neckties and bowties.
- I love Vintage Men’s Casualwear
- I love Vintage Men’s Shoes
- I love Vintage Men’s Hats
- I love Vintage Men’s Suits
- OLL 1900-1970s Vintage Menswear BST – Buy and sell 1900-1970s men’s vintage clothing
Follow VintageDancer on Facebook: We share vintage pictures and articles. Like the page then selected “See first” under “In your news feed” to be sure you don’t miss a post.
What other groups do you follow on Facebook? Share in the comments below….