Do you want to learn about 1920’s fashion history for both women’s and men’s fashion? I am not talking about just flappers and bootleggers or high end designers but real everyday clothing worn in the 1920’s? For the past 2 years I have been researching 1920’s fashion, gathering vintage photos and catalogs, and buying and sewing 1920’s clothing all to make the 1920’s Style Guide series the best resource online. It is a complete guide to fashion, history and culture in the roaring twenties. Perfect for 1920s themed event attendees, reenactors, authors, theatrical costumers, and vintage clothing enthusiasts.
The series will include all of these topics:
- Intro to 1920’s Culture and Fashion
- Women’s Cultural and Fashion History
- Trends and Influences of Fashion Designers
- Occasions for Dress
- Women’s Clothing- Dresses, skirts, tops, suits, sportswear, swimwear, outerwear, lingerie, shoes, hats, jewelry, and accessories.
- Women’s Beauty- Hairstyles and Makeup
- Women’s Costuming Advice- Where to shop
- Men’s Culture and Fashion History
- Men’s Clothing- Suits, Knickers, Sweaters, Shirts, Shoes, Coats, Hats, Loungewear, Underwear, Sportswear, and Accessories
- Men’s Hairstyles
- Men’s Costuming Advice- Where to shop
- 20’s Sewing Resources- Patterns, Materials, Trim
- Tutorials- Hairstyling, Quick Thrift Store costumes, Makeup Tutorial
- Reading Resources- The best books and articles (some are free online!)
- Free ebook (see below)
- and more… 50 articles in all
With each topic there will be tons of information, pictures, and links to further reading and/or shopping. With 50 articles in the series it will take about 3 months to get through them all. Each articled is detailed but reasonably quick to read so it won’t take up too much of your time. Think of it as reading an entire book on 1920s fashion in bite size chunks. If you are not satisfied with the series you can unsubscribe at any time (no hard feelings, I promise.)
Here is what some of the subscribers have to say:
“I want to continue to compliment you on your twenties style guide. I’ve been working on a mystery novel set in 1926 and own quite a few books but you’ve dug out details I’ve had a hard time finding. I’ve kept every one of your posts. “- Jeanne
“Oh no!! Not the End! I’ve enjoyed these style guides enormously!” – Vicky Loebel, Author of SpeakEasy Dead
I hope you enjoy the series, encourage your friends to follow the series, and ask questions along the way (my email is always open.) Sign up now and get the first article in just a few minutes:
In a hurry? If you are attending a 1920s themed event soon and need help dressing NOW then jump ahead in the series to these articles:
- 1920’s Women’s Party Dresses (summer) and Formal Dresses (beaded beauties)
- 1920’s Men’s Suits and Men’s Formal Wear
- 1920’s Women’s Shoes and Men’s Shoes
- 1920’s Makeup Tutorial
But wait…there is a book or two….
Read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsby, and learn about 1920’s fashion history while you read along. The book highlights all references to fashion and clothing in the novel with pictures, descriptions and a bit of cultural history for each clothing item. Want to know what Gatsby’s suit looked like? Or why white was a sign of wealth? Or how what “pottery bracelets” were? All these and more are included in the annotated Great Gatsby in Fashion ebook. For only $2.99 you can read the entire novel while you learn about REAL 1920’s fashion on your computer, Kindle, Nook, iPhone, iPad, or other eReader. All digital files types are included in one download so you can read it however you like. Click here to learn more and buy now.
AND YOUR FREE Gift: 1920’s Fashion for Your Body Type
Every day I read comments from women saying 1920’s dresses don’t look good on my plus size/petite/large chest/ mature/ whatever body type you have. NOT TRUE! The 1920’s were a time of roaring good fashions for all body types. My free ebook, 1920’s Fashion for Your Body Type, explains your body shape and what 1920’s clothing will flatters you. Dresses, hats and hairstyles are all included with over 50 images of authentic 1920s clothing. Click the book image on the left to download the PDF.