The golden age of Hollywood was a glamorous time for women’s sleepwear and loungewear. Silky nightgowns and pajamas in the new peach color were very popular. Long robes for winter or light Art Deco themed robes for spring kept women modest yet elegant. Add a pair of bedroom slippers and you too can evoke the ’30s style at home. See images of 30s sleepwear below or shop these vintage 1930s style pajamas, nightgowns, robes, and slippers.
Types of 1930s Sleepwear
- Nightgowns: Long, sleeveless, silky negligees in summer. Flannel or knit nightgowns in winter.
- Pajamas: Two piece tunic with belt or shirt style top pajamas.
- Beach Pajamas: For sleep or beach, one or two piece wide leg jumpsuits in silks or knits. Some had a matching jacket or robe.
- Housecoats: A zip or button up long house dress in quilted cotton or robe materials.
- Robes: Silky robes in summer. Heavy blanket cloth, quilted cotton, or chenille in winter.
- Slippers: fuzzy inside slippers in loafer or bootie shapes. Fancy leather heels for “boudoir shoes.”