One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways of changing the style of an outfit is through the use of 50s accessories. Starting from the top down, these are the most common 1950s fashion accessories:
- Hats: Small hats, large sun hats, hats with veils, pillbox or fascinators. Shop 50s hats here.
- Hair Accessories: Wear a hair flower clip, bandana, headscarf, headband, or comb instead of a hat. Shop hair accessories.
- Gloves: A lady can’t leave the house with a pair of vintage gloves. Shop gloves.
- Belt: A skirt or dress with a wide or skinny belt defines the waist. Shop 50s belts.
- Bags/ Purse: Carry your accessories and cell phone in a 50s style handbag.
- Jewelry: Day and evening jewelry such as pearls, brooches, necklaces and earrings. Shop 50s jewelry.
- Sunglasses / Eye glasses: No look is perfect without a pair of cat eye glasses or sunglasses.
- Parasol/ Umbrella: For the beach or a rainy day, a vintage parasol is picture-perfect.
- Makeup: Learn how to apply 1950s makeup the natural way.
Read on or click here to read more.