Mixing up the Victorian age with retro-futurism created an adventurous wave of DIY costuming: Steampunk! There are no rules and there are no limits to designing Victorian Steampunk clothing that’s as unique as you are.
Women often start out with Steampunk costume essentials like a bustled skirt, corset top, jacket, mini top hat, goggles and Victorian lace up boots. Colors are usually black or brown with accents of deep red, ivory, and green. Lace and ruffle trim give it that antique Victorian age while leather and brass bring it into the industrial age.
With so many choices where do you begin? Right here! We gathered hundreds of Steampunk clothing essentials for both women and men from online brands we love. Plus sizes too!
Steampunk Costumes for Women
- Dresses / Outfits
- Plus Size Clothes
- Wedding Dresses
- Skirts and Bustles
- Boots and Shoes
- Corsets and Belts
- Blouses, Shirts, Tops
- Vests, Shrugs, Shawls
- Jackets and Coats
- Pants, Leggings, and Bloomers
- Stockings, Tights, socks
- Goggles, Masks, Gears, and Gadgets
- Sewing Patterns
- Kids’ Steampunk
Guides to Steampunk Fashion
- Steampunk Essentials for Women – A quick guide to all the essential clothes or costume pieces you need to mix and match a Steampunk outfit.
- Steampunk Costume Essentials for Men – A quick guide to all the essential clothes you need to mix and match a Victorian-Steampunk costume.
- An example of our Steampunk Moulin Rouge Costume (women and men)
- Our Wild West steampunk costumes made from thrift store clothes. Includes a toddler costume too.