Vintage 1940s and 1950s pin up girl costumes are sexy, flattering, and peak vintage chic! The vintage pin up outfit took center stage in the 1940s as men went off to war. Tighter dresses, shorter skirts, revealing tops were all part of the fanciful look of the pin up girl.
The 40s pin up girl fashion inspired a wave of form-fitting women’s dresses in the 1950s, as well as fluffy swing dresses. Pin up girl costumes come in classic retro colors navy blue, red, black, green, and white. Blue and white pinup sailor dresses and military green dresses echo the wartime while polka dots, rockabilly plaid, and florals flash back to the fifties.
These 1940s and 1950s pin up dresses and pin up girl costumes are many of the best new styles sold online. They come in prices for all budgets and many are available in standard as well as plus sizes. We handpicked our favorite pin up costumes below. Once you have your pin up dress, take a look at some shoes, hats or hair accessories, and stockings to complete your transformation.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for some pin up girl costume ideas.
Pin Up Girl Costumes, Dresses
Pin Up Girl Costume Ideas
- Jazz Singer – Entertain the troops in an Army or sailor wiggle dress
- Rosie the Riveter – A sexy Rosie outfit with blue coverall shorts or a romper and the signature red bandana
- Sailor Girl – Choose or blue or white sailor girl dresses, red heels, and a sailor hat
- Kissing nurse – Don a white nurse dress, hat and white oxford shoes for this iconic 40s costume
- Rockabilly girl – Bad girls of the 50s wore tight black capri pants, red knit tops, and a hair scarf (Think Sandy from Grease)
- Summer Pin Up – Blue sailor shorts and a striped T-shirt with wedges or sandals
- Casual Pin Up – Dark denim blue jeans, snug top, and saddle shoes or classic converse
- Swing Time Pin up – A pretty swing dress in polka dots or cherry print, colorful petticoat and heels or ballet flats
Vintage inspired 1940s and 1950s pin up girl costumes and pinup dresses. Affordable pin up costumes made with wiggle and swing dresses and skirts, capri pants and sailor shorts.