Get down to the disco and start grooving your way back to the 70s with a colorful hippie costume. Women’s 70s hippie clothes are easy to DIY into a costume, but there are plenty of awesome 60s and 70s hippie Halloween costumes to buy now too (including plus size hippie costumes). Need hippie costume outfit ideas? Try one of these:
- Tie-dye T-shirt over bell-bottom jeans. Add a headband for your hair and Birkenstock sandals on your feet.
- Suede fringe vest over a striped shirt, flare pants, and platform shoes are back in fashion now
- Boho peasant shirt over wide flowing skirt, hippie necklace and mirror sunglasses.
- Maxi dress, braids in your hair, and lace-up granny boots
- Mini dress, go-go boots, head scarf and fringe vest for a 60s take on a hippie costume
Create your own hippie costume by mixing and matching classic retro hippie clothing and accessories. Follow the links above to get started or shop from these ready to buy hippie costumes from our favorite costume shops online:
Click here for men’s hippie costumes (hippie couple costumes? Yes!)
Hippie Outfit Ideas