Sometimes classic, retro and vintage men’s underwear is just what you need. Vintage men’s undershorts were the style to wear from the 1920s to 1940s with the vintage men’s brief coming into fashion in the 1950s. They were high waisted with a loose, deep seat for maximum comfort. The 1960s and 1970s saw them experiment with mesh and a shorter waist. There were also very colorful boxer shorts that looked like athletic running shorts.
When you need to buy vintage men’s underwear, the choices are few and far between. Only a handful of small companies are making vintage reproduction men’s underwear, briefs, boxers and long johns as well as sewing patterns to make your own. We linked to as many of these as we can find in the USA and UK below.
Additional brand list below.
Vintage Men’s Underwear
Men’s Vintage Style Underwear Brands
- Brooks Brothers – Classic boxers, French back boxers, undershirts, socks
- Fogey Unlimited on Esty – Yoke front boxers
- Sunspel – Some classic boxer shorts and undershirts
- Uniqlo – Affordable essentials, classic cuts, made in Japan.
- Online Militaria – Has a WW2 underwear set in khaki color
- Brycelands – French boxers, button down undershirt, pajamas
- Darcy Clothing – Historical reproduction undershirts, long johns, vests, singlet, cotton boxers
- Gota Waesche (DE) – Cotton Henley shirts, underwear, boxers, knitwear
- Day One Underwear – 60s-70s boxer shorts in bright colors. Made in Japan.