19th century fashions of the Victorian era are highly romanticized in books and movies. Whether you need a Victorian costume such as a women’s civil war dress or men’s morning suit, Wild West reenactment, Steampunk costume, shoes and accessories or to add some Victorian style clothing to your modern wardrobe we found some great affordable choices online.
For women, a large skirted dress or separate skirt and blouse combination is where to begin your Victorian costume. Add accessories such as a bonnet hat, shawl or capelet, lace up boots, long gloves and heavy jewelry.
For men, high waisted pants paired with a dress shirt, vest, cravat tie, top hat and boots are you essentials. Adding a morning coat, gloves, spats and pocket watch will turn you into a fine gentlemen. For wild west men the essentials are the same but in more durable materials.
Shop for new Victorian style clothing:
Victorian Womens Fashion Guides
- Victorian Repro Dresses– Where to buy reproduction Victorian dresses online.
- Victorian Accessories– Learn about Victorian gloves, parasols, hats, and brooches.
- Victorian Civil War Era costume- Tips on creating the Civil War era look
- Victorian Bustle era– Tips on creating the Bustle era styles
- Simple Victorian costume DIY– Using just a skirt, blouse and belt
- Victorian Carriage Parasol – DIY guide to making a Victorian small parasol.
Victorian Mens Fashion Guides
- Victorian Mens Shoes– Learn about Victorian style boots and shoes for men.
- Victorian Formal Wear– A guide to the history of Victorian mens formal wear with recommendations on how to pull off the Victorian look with modern clothing.
- Victorian Men’s Fashion guide- All about creating the Victorian look
Do you need more help? If you didn’t find what you are looking for here Ask me and I’ll do my best to help you.